10 Steps for Buying a Home
Buying your own home is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make and not one to rush into. To be fully prepared, Liberty recommends following our free 10 step checklist as a way to ensure that your home buying process goes as smoothly as possible.
Preparation is the key to success! Once you are ready to apply for a full mortgage, use our handy checklist as a reference for all of the paperwork you will need to organize and present at signing.
Bring to your application
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two-years of W-2 Federal Tax returns
- Proof of Income i.e., most recent 30 day pay stubs*
- Most recent 2 month bank statements
- Check for Credit Report & Appraisal Fee ($400)
- Copy of the Purchase Contract
- Most recent 401K statement
- Download the Home Loan Checklist
*Proof of Income can include: awards letters, Social Security, pension, alimony order, child support order, disability, retirement, rental/lease agreements.
If any of the following apply to you, please bring these as well:
- Self Employed: Current Year to date Profit and Loss Statement
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy petition and discharge papers
- Refinancing: Copy of Deed
- Veterans: DD214